Thursday, 17th June (6.30-8.30pm) - Mad Lilies, 84 High Street, Banstead, SM7 2NN
Celebrate British Flower Week at our Summer Hantied Bouquet Workshop! We're lucky to have a few local British growers on our doorstep, and June is one of the best months to enjoy British grown flowers. Not only can we share the joyful British charm of gorgeously scented stems like stocks, roses, peonies, alstromeria, scabious, lilies and sweet peas, the quality is unparalled.
Stems reach the vase from the field much quicker and we are helping British wildlife which is incredibly important and the reason why Mad Lilies choose to work with British grown flowers wherever we can, not only supporting the economy but environment too!
In this workshop we'll take you through how to choose flowers that will complement each other and how best to blend colours.
We'll introduce you to all the flowers you'll be working with, taking you through each of their names and how to condition correctly. You'll then be shown one of the key foundational techniqies of floristry and how to 'spiral' your flower & foliage to create a handtie bouquet. Once you've mastered this technique we'll then show you how to wrap your masterpiece to take home or perhaps to gift to a friend.
All materials and tools required to create your design will be supplied by us along with an apron. Refreshments included.
Why not book the workshop and treat yourself to an early dinner at Fego which is opposite the shop and who are offering all workshop attendees 15% off their bill when you show them your workshop booking confirmation.
Mad Lilies Workshop Safety Precautions
- Hand sanitising lotion have been placed by the main entrance and around the store. These are for regular use during the workshop.
- Workbenches have been divided and only two customers will be able to work at each workbench, observing the 2 metre social distancing requirements.
- Our workshops are kept small to support social distancing regulations.
- Please bring your own face covering/mask.
- We encourage bringing your own personal water/drinks vessels.
- Where tools are provided, we will use anti-bacterial cleaning fluids to fully clean equipment and work areas after every use.